back in some chop chop action!

Bonjour ! First of all, i would like to send my apologies to all the readers of my blog for the "missing in action" month. I was very busy with both university and work. Haven't had much time to actually blog and damn i miss it. I am so wanting to blog & blog all day long. There is so much i want to share, so much to tell and so much to brag about. Of course, lots of foodie yummy recipes. 
So lets start off by saying what i actually experienced today in uni. For the first time in my life, i was introduced to a book and movie that made me just so proud to be a cook. I bet you guys heard of it, the movie Julie & Julia and the book by Julia Childs "Mastering the art of French cooking". That movie and book made my passion for cooking bloom like a rising sun from the east, which reminds me why I love what i'm doing so much. Yes, it is one hell of a job, one hard life ahead, but like what Julia Child would say; finding something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it! That is how Julia did it, that is how i will do it. Oh i am sorry, i almost forgot you guys might not have any idea who Julia Child is. You may want to wikipedia it which will provide good information about her. The picture beside is her, real life. Such a passionate cook, who revolutionized every American home with proper French cuisine. It is amazing to see how a simple home cook like her can change the world with pure and simple French cooking. How Julia's famous boeuf ala bourguignon made its way into every American home and into every cook's heart. Simply enchanting.
So when i was watching the movie, which i am now again for the 3rd time today; i had this crazy idea that i want to buy her book and try every single recipe in it in a duration of 365 days like what Julie did in the movie; which was a tribute to Julia Childs. So i am actually aiming to start it next year after my holidays when im back in Melbourne and fingers crossed, it will actually happen.
Final words before i sign off for today, I want to apologize again to my readers for missing in action. I am back for sure. :) Bon Apetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Custom Search
Royal National London