some recent unfortunate events ..

a very good advice to all bike riders out there .. never ride in the rain! holly cow it hurts like hell when you actually realize how painful it is from an iphone size wound on your knee caused by this stupidity. Yes i crashed .. my bike slipped off the tram lines off Toorongga Road last Thursday when i was driving to uni to do my assignment with some of my mates. I wasn't going fast, probably about 40km/h and was ready to stop at the traffic lights when this car suddenly decides to change lanes, so i changed lanes behind him and before i could notice any beautiful girls around me, i was on the ground. Stood up and felt as if the world just stopped. I looked around and there was my bike lying down flat on the ground with its wheels still spinning. I almost cried when i saw my left side signal lights came off and was lying nicely right beside me. Holy shit that's gonna cost me a bomb. Knowing i probably just annihilated my beloved bike, i was more about worrying how much money i would pay to repair it than my bleeding knee. Came this friendly old guy standing by the tram stop, helping me to the side and so kindly pushed my bike off the road to the sidewalk. He was like my angel. Somehow when i needed help, he magically appeared and i swear i didn't notice him when i was riding down the road. So it was a pleasant experience i would say, fell then rescued by an old man which was a total stranger to me. At least now i know there's still nice people in the world. So the story sort of ends here because i don't really feel comfortable explaining the nasty part of my wound n condition to my readers, since this is my food blog. :) So it has been 6 days since i fell, and my wound isn't healing as quick as i thought it would be. But it seems better. Hopefully ill be able to walk properly by the end of this week, if not .. hospital i go! Hehehez. 

Oh by the way, i wanna take this opportunity to thank my good buddy/great housemate/awesome best friend for my birthday present! CALVIN CHONG ! thank u !!! This guy right here, bought me a book that i always wished i had. Counting the amount of cook books i have now plus many chef biographies and food magazines, i hereby certify myself as a food nerd. I wonder if i will ever want to stop learning.. NEVER! Food is awesome, food is great, food is amazing, food brings people together, food is everything! Ooops i went overboard .. hahaha. My apologies. Oh yeah, so Calvin bought me "Jamie does Spain/Italy/Sweden/Morocco/Greece/ France - by Jamie Oliver" which is a fantastic book! I can't wait to start it after my assignments and exams of course :) So, thanks Calvin !!! 

Yea thats about it guys. If you do want to sign my sympathy sheet to hope for my fast recovery, please do so by sending in your comments. :) Im just kidding .. hahahaha no one actually comments anyway. Is anyone reading this? anyone ? .. someone? I would like to know your existence :) Have a good week guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Custom Search
Royal National London